Monday, March 17, 2008

The Approach.

Was back in Newfoundland this past week (the best place ever) for a couple days helping my friends recruit for their company

We were at Memorial university just tapping shoulders trying to get people interested.

I want to post some of the videos we made to show how EASY it is to get people's attention. You can literally SAY or DO anything you want.

These videos were taken in a high traffic area with just random people as they walked by our booth.

I do ridiculously stupid stuff but notice how in EACH approach the person is fully engaged in what I am saying, and so I can get my message fully across....they don't get pissed off, keep walking or violent.

There are 5 different approaches,

1. The BOX IN APPROACH
This is where I literally come out of nowhere, cut the person off and face them dead on "boxing them in" so they are forced to talk to me instantly. I love this one.





2. The STAIR APPROACH
This is where I am waiting half way down a flight of stairs waiting for somebody to go down... as they walk down the stairs I simultaneously walk up the stairs headed right towards them, I intercept them on the path they were taking, take them out of the stairwell completely and lead them over to our booth. The one is a beauty because I literally take somebody completely off the path they were going and bring them alllllll the way over to our booth.





3. The DROP PAPER APPROACH
The goal of this approach was to drop all my papers and by doing so creating a scene and thereby getting the peoples attention




4. The POKE APPROACH
This one was probably the most risky out of all of them... I had this huge tube like object and literally whacked somebody with it as they were passing by... my goal was to not have to get up from where I was sitting.... pretty funny.




5. The KARATE APPROACH
For the karate approach I literally do a flying jump kick right in front of some people walking by.... They were in complete shock at the time and like WTF is going on?!?! anyway its a gem because I literally get ALL 3 of them to come over to our booth and fully engaged them in conversation.





Anyway the point of this post is that you can open a conversation with ANYTHING you want. If you want to meet somebody, a possible employee, potential girlfriend, a new friend, whatever you don't have to have this elaborate canned script....
Say or whatever you want to get their attention and then just be real.

Spring break everyday!

MEL

No comments: